Students who are interested in competing are encouraged to submit an abstract by Monday, July 31, 2017.
NOTE: Abstracts are a pre-competitive submission and are NOT included in the judging process. They are used to ensure the best fit between the submitted project description, and the most relevant award category. TEXPO applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the competition by Friday, August 11, 2017.
Your abstract should adhere to the guidelines described below.
Two pages, in PDF format.
- A short summary (150 words) about the project, in plain language, including the problem that was being addressed and the significance of your findings. This summary should be understandable to the layperson and may be used in TEXPO communications.
- A general description of the project’s aims, the work that was done, and its results. Figures and tables are permitted (see below).
- Times New Roman 14-16 pt font.
- Times New Roman 12 pt font.
- 1-2 lines of white space must precede the body text.
- Bulleted and numbered lists are permitted.
- Figures and tables are permitted and must be preceded and followed by at least one line of white space; numbered; labeled; and referenced in the body text.
Abstract deadline: Monday, July 31, 2017
Notification of competition acceptance: Friday, August 11, 2017
Questions? Contact Sarah Neville, TEXPO Research Competition Coordinator, 613.530.4655